Optimising the Supply Chain is about planning and optimising all operations and resources in the Supply Chain in order to make the Supply Chain more efficient, more responsive to changes and more customer centered. Synchronizing the flow throughout the supply chain taking into account logistics, inventory, production and workforce, requires powerful supply chain technology. But what exactly makes a Supply Chain Technology powerful?
From decide4AI we have defined five criteria:
- 100% fit. Each company and each operation has it is own unique characteristics. E.g. special way of mixing raw materials, other than standard trailers, complex machine set up rules. Ignoring one of these characteristics will lead to suboptimal schedules or even schedules that cannot be executed. Therefore, it should be possible to easily configure all these characteristics, without programming and once implemented easy maintainable.
- Business goals. Each company tries to differentiate themselves by outperforming competition on aspects such as faster delivery, being more flexible, lower costs or other factors. Empowering your differentiating edge by optimising against the right business goals is key when implementing supply chain optimisation technology. Defining the business goals that matter to you, or a combination of business goals, should be possible. Once defined, the supply chain technology should automatically optimise the operations against these goals.
- Powerful optimisation. At the heart of a supply chain solution lies powerful optimisation, capable of taking all constraints into account and finding the best solution given the business goals.
- Control. A supply chain planning and optimisation system is an instrument to make your operations efficient and value driven. It should not be a black box. The contrary, KPI dashboards, real time insight in all aspects of the supply chain and the ability to adjust whenever needed, are key to manage dynamic supply chain operations.
- Real-time. Having the perfect overview at any moment in real-time. Instantly knowing what the consequences of disturbances are and having the capability to re-optimise in real time at the day-of-operations.
Implementation of a Supply Chain planning system
decide4AI follows a well-structured implementation approach. As the starting point we take your business objectives and translate these in measurable KPI’s. In small and controllable steps, we implement the solution always measuring the impact on your KPI’s.
Do you want to know more about Supply Chain Technology? Are you interested in knowing what value you could get from a Supply Chain system?